I’m an insomniac.
Yes I am! Well, coming to the main point, (well I guess it won’t merely be a
point to the genuine readers by the time you finish reading this “monsoon
ballast”) I want to share a touching experience with all of you.
Time was around half past eleven and outside it was raining like cats and dogs, the
electricity ran off before light could beat sound in the skies and I was
roaming as usual in my home in the pitch darkness searching for the sofa
adjacent to the window so that I could rest in peace before I resumed my usual
night reviewing of Direct Taxation. I began to lean thinking of old, good times
spent with school friends when I turned back to take a look outside at our
poorly maintained garden being washed off sweat of its own by the additional
rainwater it borrows from the neighbour’s garden. Till that point of time it
didn’t consume much of my attention but the scene I saw next compelled me to
ponder on observed yet unseen facts, an outcome of rapid genesis of human
psychology clubbed with self-first attitude trailing behind an enigma of ordeal
followed by demise of the known and the unknown.
I saw the guava tree lying down looking helplessly at the clouded night sky, which till yesterday was standing tall befriending the chirpers and feeders. It was no more a part of this world, it had left us all. When? When the whole world sleeps, when its dark and black, and agonisingly it escaped silently in the noise of rain without bothering us much!
I’m thinking of the ballast, I used it at the beginning, yes, we all know that rain
sprouts new life and cherishes spirits of liveliness and happiness, ummn…………
does it not have equal participation in ending life? Nonetheless, you don’t get
everything in a single pack, do you? It’s just the damn good life cycle
fuelling the planet for ages. Don’t worry, I’m not blaming, surely no dilemma.
What is really saddening and shocking is the sudden departure of living beings, all of
a sudden without saying goodbye, without waving hands, without hugging and
without saying “thanks a ton, I love you lot”. This sudden act of death
certainly attracts attention but not ample realisation at times. Believe me,
when I saw the tree dead in an instant, an unknown fear brutally struck inside
my heart of losing my loved ones and tears rolled out, yes they did out of the
stone!
Look, people come and go, they leave us, respecting the golden rule of life and
adopting the grey rule of death, but I wish none of us have to see the day when
someone went away without……….., I hope you understood.
Again, rain taught me a worthy lesson, it’s still pouring, paying homage to ones who
are no more and the corpse’s still there waiting for everyone to wake up as the
sun rises, sparking a new day.
Lastly, Be happy, Live positive, Care and love religiously, Who knows what’s coming up
tomorrow! :
No comments:
Post a Comment